I see a lot of businesses, not just startups but giants in the business industry pull this gimmick of running a onetime ad, boosting it and expecting the social media ferry to turn their fortune around. I should think most of the time its shear frustration when sales begins to nose dive, instead of running a diagnostics on why sales are dipping they resort to social media to drive growth. Heck I did that, running Facebook ads, spending money I didn't have to boost ads for a business I never designed a business model for let alone a growth strategy. Just plugging away at these things, I thought the big break would come, it never did. Facebook got their money, I ended up with a dead business. Don't get me wrong, social media is a great tool to drive user engagement with your product or service and probably lead to the acquisition of new customers, well good luck with that its a long shot, but never forget the business process, ignore that and everything goes to shit.
Comments
Post a Comment