It took me 5 MINUTES to KILL his DREAM

I had gotten a call from a young man about 3 weeks ago about his need for mentor-ship and guidance since he had a business idea he wanted to share with me so I could provide him guidance. I obliged to meet with him and scheduled an appointment. He had missed the scheduled appointment date and showed up to my office a day after, after the pleasantries, he went on to tell me about his passion in a particular area of interest to him, I listened without interrupting, when he was done, my response I believe wasn't what he was expecting. I had asked him the hard questions his family and friends would never ask, family and friends would tend to be supportive of you and most of the time they have no idea or interest in your pursuit, this can hurt in the long run. The WHY question was all it took to turn a smile into a sad look. I perceive he came with a preconceived response he expected of me like others who had given a nod, just so we don't hurt his feelings. I had been in his shoes before and I understand where he is at. Taking the entrepreneur route is not an easy one but very doable with the right knowledge and skill. Besides being an entrepreneur is not for the faint in heart and not a place you would expect everyone to blow sunshine in your face, you will get hurt, loose money, friends, have sleepless nights, almost go insane, become indebted, you would prefer to stay in a paid employment. I had told him to take some time and research deeply into his area of interest and as a stranger to him, if it took me 5 minutes to "kill" his dream, then it wasn't mean't to be.
Please leave a comment, share or check any of the "reaction" boxes below to let me know what you think. Thank you.

Comments